WHO WE ARE
Sheryl L. Shenk
Sheryl Shenk is a spiritual director and co-creator of Eklectic Pilgrimages LLC, a newly-formed company providing diverse opportunities to travel, exploring Christian spirituality through a contemplative lens and engaging participants in a transformative journey. Having co-led multiple pilgrimages, she will be guiding the group through ancient sites impacted by Christianity. Group experiences will include opportunities for morning and evening prayers. She is founder and former director of Blue Ridge Ministries, an ecumenical organization offering retreats for 14 years. Both she and her husband Jonathan are Mennonites with deep appreciation for Celtic and indigenous peoples' reverence for God, earth, community and the stuff of ordinary life.
Ted is an actor and playwright and founder of Ted and Company TheatreWorks which uses humor and professional storytelling to talk about issues of faith and social justice. He is passionate about creating art that provokes both laughter and thought and is fascinated by the connections between theater, humor and an authentic walk in all of our fumbling humanity as we seek to be faithful to Christ.
On these pilgrimages, Ted will be bringing scriptural texts to life in performance and readings, as well as creating new works based on his observations of our pilgrimage together.
About our Logo
Our logo represents:
- the journey we travel together experiencing lands, places and people that challenge the direction of our faith journeys.
- our pilgrimage origins that first explored Celtic spirituality, observed with representation of the Celtic cross.
- the road made by walking; many of our pilgrimages involve walking and exploring diverse paths, stretching our Christian faith.
- a labyrinth and a rhythm of morning and evening prayer that shapes our daily experience.
- a time to reflect on the inward and outward journey of our lives while we travel together.
- a waterdrop rippling in small waves of contagious laughter, a sacred part of our shared stories.
- sounds of reverberating music that fill the air from those we encounter on our travels as well as shared group singing.
- the journey home, liberating persons to live transformatively with greater awareness and integrity in life’s engagement.